Thursday, March 19, 2009

Match Day/Day Off

Well, today was Match Day for the class of 2009. I did not participate, as most of our loyal readers know ;), because I'll be matching next year. It's a bit unorthodox, but I'm confident in my decision. I feel it was the most responsible decision for my family, for my future program, and for me. I am 100% certain about pathology because I took my time making the decision. I'll be able to start residency July 1 with my fellow residents (rather than being 2 months behind and slopping tons of extra work on them), and I'll have some great research experience under my belt (not to mention a whole year with the babies!). I'm so happy for all my friends and classmates who matched, and I know they'll be successful, caring, and all around excellent physicians.

So, since everyone had the day off today, I decided to take Jake to the Betty Brinn kids' museum. It's a fun hands-on museum with a special section for kids under 3. He had a blast! He pushed around a toy lawnmower for about an hour while he wandered around the toddler section, then got a little bolder and explored all the other fun stuff within the area. There was a "house" with pots and pans and kitchen items to play with, an indoor sandbox, a gardening shed and pretend garden, pretend trees with hollowed out tree trunks for exploring, big slides, magnets, puzzles, and so on. By the end of our 1.5 hours there, he was having a blast but I could tell he was getting tuckered out too. His fatigue was a little more evident here at home later ... But he went to bed without a fight, and even requested a round of "Twinkle, Twinkle" from Mom and Dad.

Tomorrow Ryan will run for Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review, so wish him luck! It's a time-consuming position, but one that I know he'd be really good at. He's got a great attitude about it, and I hope things work out well. We'll keep you up to date. Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment