Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Another gorgeous day!

It's so nice when the weather gets warm and sunny. I think everyone's in a better mood, especially the Jakester. He's been even more pleasant than usual, with fewer two-year-old-esque outbursts. Even bathtime and bedtime have been easier lately; bedtime in particular has been smoother and happier. Part of that might be attributed to the fact that he discovered he likes to have a book in bed with him, along with his "two bankies". For several nights he decided he wanted to sleep with his book "Goodnight Thumper." Tonight he wanted to take his prayer book to bed with him. Every night when we put him to bed, we talk about how much Mommy, Daddy, and God love Jacob, and that's we'll all be here to keep him safe all night, and that if he needs us to just call and we'll come get him. Tonight, when I said "Jakey, Mommy loves you very much, and Daddy loves you very much" he said "Yeah" and gave me a big hug. Awesome.

Also today we played at the park since the weather was amazing. Jake discovered pinecones, and carried two pinecones around for a while there. He also went around proclaiming "TWO PINECONES! One, two!" occasionally adding in "three" after one and two despite only having two pinecones. He currently is less interested in the climbing equipment and more interested in things like sticks and leaves (and of course pinecones).

Not too much else is going on. I have Thursday off since it's Match Day, but as I'm deferring the match until next year I get to have a free day with my buddy :) Hopefully I'll have some fun stories to post from that day - I'm thinking we'll go to the hands-on kids museum downtown!

No comments:

Post a Comment