Sunday, May 31, 2009

Go Bwewers!

On Friday of Senior Week we attended a Brewers vs. Cubs baseball game. Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again - Jake is truly his father's son. Not only do they look alike, they both LOVE sports of all kinds. Being that it's baseball season, Jake has an infatuation with baseball. I've mentioned the bat and ball set before. But now, this kid's got a swing like you wouldn't believe!! He can swing the bat better than I can! And he gets very excited when he sees baseball on TV - he starts yelling "Bwewers! Go Bwewers! Need baseball bat!" and he swings along.

So first we tailgated with our friends Danita (a fellow MCW graduate) and her husband Nick (thankfully someone who, unlike me, can talk sports with my husband and do a darn good job of it). Most of the time Jake squatted - but no, not for the reason you might think; he was pretending to be a catcher! We also stopped by the MCW tailgate area to say hello to other classmates and friends, and thankfully my friend Heather snapped this shot of Jake..
He has since been dubbed "Mini-Braun".

We made our way to the ball park, and Jake was in awe. We also got to hear Danny Gokey sing the national anthem, which was pretty sweet. Then we settled into our seats for the game. The first pitch and hit, Jake's eyes lit up! He started clapping like crazy and yelling "YEAH! GO BWEWERS!" Then he turned to Ryan and said "Oh, I YUV it!" (for Oh, I love it!) and went back to cheering on the Brewers. He hung tough for six innings and cheered almost the whole time, despite it being WAY past his bedtime. One of my other friends, Marisa, snapped a shot of the back of Jake's shirt:


She also got this great one of our view:

We headed out after the sixth inning to preempt any meltdowns, but the kiddo again did fabulously. And we promised him we'd come back sometime soon (and oh yeah, the Brewers beat the Cubs! Yay!).

No comments:

Post a Comment